severely lacking in the pink and orange department. overstocked in the brown or army green department. must seek more teal tea cups asap as these are my favourite. cake plates, dinner plates and bowls remain hard to come by in any colour. unclear as to what the 'official' colour glaze jugs shape(s) are. there are colour glaze espresso cups and saucers! unclear as to how one safely stores/stacks this many tea cups in a small cupboard space.
overall excellent progress given refusal to pay more than a dollar per item (have you seen the prices people pay for this stuff on trademe?)
i like the slow-burn of collecting. a saucer one month. a cup the next. nothing for ages, then all of a sudden a rash of it. in time a bright and beautiful, practical and cheap, matching set.
ps do you like the new wall colour (replacing the mustard). it's resene waterloo. a darkish grey with a lavender base. its done wonders de-oranging all the wooden features and furniture in the dining room and i'm loving the dark, cosy-fying effect.
are you an Op-Shop Show-Off? or more modest about your superior second hand shopping abilities?
do you like to linky?
it’s charitable, green, cheap, exciting, fun, nostalgia inducing, potentially lucrative and often just plain necessary. whatever your reason for second hand shopping we’d love it if you joined us on Tuesdays here at blackbirdhasspoken.blogspot.com for Op-Shop Show-Off, a linky open to all, all week, to link up a blog post about any aspect of your second-hand shopping life. tell us your op-shopping philosophy, or divulge your secret hunting techniques. let us know about your wants, or skite (English translation= “show-off “) about your amazing finds. review the best op-shopping spots in your town, or request or give information on your fascinating finds, you’ll always be talking to an appreciative audience here.
How to link up?
1. post your second hand shopping related blog post.
2. link to Op-Shop Show-Off in your blog post, so your blog readers can come over and peruse or post in the linky too
3. scroll to the bottom of my latest Tuesday Op-Shop Show-Off post and click on the linky tool, then follow the three easy steps
4. don't forget to leave me a comment to let me know you linked up
5. have a look at some of the other linkers posts/blogs, they're all people after your own heart!
6. grab the Op-Shop Show-Off Button from my sidebar to decorate yours (paste the code into a HTML gadget under the 'add a gadget' part of the layout section in blogger and save)